Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Josh is out of town tonight so I'm pulling out all the stops to keep the girls busy/involved.  We went to the store earlier and among my list of things, I bought some cookies for after dinner.  Anabelle didn't quite understand AFTER and instead screamed her way through dinner while not eating a bite.  Sarabeth ate her dinner and a cookie and I brought them upstairs (Anabelle still screaming) to bathe them.  After a few minutes of being in time-out I tried again to talk through this bargain with her.  Instead of spahetti, I asked her if she'd like chicken nuggets, PB&J, anything else so she could have a cookie after.  She said no to them all.  I said, "What would you like to eat for dinner so you can have a cookie?" to which she responded, "A COOKIE!"  I guess I should have seen that coming.  The good news is she finally calmed down and seems to have forgotten the whole thing... :)

After this fun little episode I was sitting on the floor with Anabelle in my lap when Sarabeth comes up to us with a plastic crown in her hand.  She said she had a surprise for Anabelle and tried to put the crown on her head, but little miss "no cookie" was still in a mood and wanted no part of that.  I asked Sarabeth if she would wear the crown instead, but she said "No mom.  I'm not married yet!"  Maybe we should lay off the Cinderella/princess stories!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Way to go not giving in. That's so hard sometimes! I love that Sarabeth is getting old enough to try to help remedy situations. Ava is starting to do that with Aidan and I think it's adorable.