Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fashionista

Anabelle has gotten an opinion about fashion.  By opinion, I mean she screams if you try to put anything besides a dress on her.  And it has to be the RIGHT dress.  I have no problem with her wearing dresses, but it's started getting cooler outside and a sundress isn't very weather-appropriate on a day that's 60 degrees and raining (which is the case today.)  I've tried everything...putting a shirt & leggings underneath, letting her choose between several outfits...you get the picture.  Today we actually got out of the house in something we both agreed on.  However, when we got home she immediately wanted to take her clothes off in exchange for a sleeveless pink & green hawaiian dress.  Too funny to not document, so here's Anabelle on this rainy day in late October.

Ready for a luau.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Stinkin' funny! Such a little girl! I love it. And I seriously can't believe how old she is looking..her hair is so long!! Has it really been that long since we've seen you guys? We miss you!

Elizabeth said...

A girl after my own heart! You can't deny, dresses are comfy. Now, we just need to hook her up with dresses for different occasions.

On a related note, I have a feeling there will be many Auntie Elizabeth shopping trips in our future :)

Petpro said...

Paisley is in the 'I don't wear no clothes' phase, although she routinely chooses clothing (if forced) that are not weather appropriate.
Take this week for instance. She was due at daycare (we walk each morning as it's on our street), but it's -20 out there, with a foot of snow on the ground. She fought me putting on her snowsuit, boots, mitts and hat.. she just wanted to go out in her jammies!

Fun stuff!! Be glad yall don't have this kind of weather. Each year when the snow flies, I tell my husband he shoulda moved to Texas. After him shoveling both our driveways out from the most recent blizzard (yesterday) I probed him again as to WHY he wants to stay in Canada when there's the alternative... ;)