So I'm a little behind on this post- I had great intentions of doing it right after Easter. Here it is a week later and I'm finally getting around to it (and typing one-handed with a fussy baby on my lap, so please pardon any typos!)
We had a great and full Easter weekend. It started off with a little glitch though- Sarabeth woke up at 2am Friday morning with some sort of stomach bug. My first thought was of their cousins who were in town for the weekend that they were SO looking forward to seeing, and if this was the start of something nasty we'd have to stay quarantined. Thankfully, she was the only one who got it and was completely fine by that night. Saturday morning Josh took the girls over to his parent's house to play with all the kids and Adelyn & I had a nice and productive morning. We went to church Saturday night with his sisters, followed by a delicious family dinner.
Sunday morning we did Easter baskets at the house- which this year consisted of starter planting kits complete with soil, seeds, mini shovel, mini rake, and even a little plastic greenhouse. I wanted to avoid candy as much as possible, so I even went as far as putting cheerios in the eggs for their egg hunt. I do believe it's one of my best parenting ideas to date. No arguing with preschoolers about how much candy is acceptable to consume first thing in the morning. It was fantastic!
Some photos from the week...
I obviously hadn't gotten around to fixing their hair yet
No comments:
Post a Comment