Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homestead Farm

I remember reading a story in the local Keller paper last year about a farm right here in the area owned by a TCU grad. I was intrigued but never looked into it. My friend Melissa, who's currently heading up our playgroup adventures, scheduled a trip to the farm a few weeks ago. We didn't know much about it, but knew we'd get to do a hayride, take a tour of the farm, and eat a picnic lunch there. It thankfully was on a morning that was cooler, and ended up being the perfect day. I've driven past it tons of times and never even noticed, and is less than 5 minutes from the house. After talking to the owner and his wife I learned it's a 14-acre working goat farm. It was charming and simple, and the kids had the time of their lives feeding goats, petting chickens, being followed by cows and horses on the hayride and playing with pumpkins in the farm stand. So fun!

Anabelle and my adorably pregnant friend Meagan

Sarabeth on the hayride

Petting the chicken

Yes, Adelyn was there too, just asleep in her stroller :)

Anabelle feeding the goats

Sarabeth feeding the goats

No comments: