Monday, December 20, 2010

conversations with a 4-year-old

Maybe in January I'll get caught up on the last few months. In the meantime, I wanted to write down 2 little stories before I forget them.

One day the girls and I were walking through Target (pretty much a daily occurrence around here) and we were almost to the end of my shopping list.

Me: Ok girls, we're almost done. All I need are chips and salsa and we can check out.
Sarabeth: Do you NEED chips and salsa or do you WANT chips and salsa?
Me: (while trying not to laugh about being lectured by my 4-year-old on needs v wants) You're right, dear. I only want chips and salsa.



Another day the girls were sitting at the kitchen counter having a snack, and they start having a conversation about what they're going to be when they grow up.

Sarabeth: When I grow up I'm going to be a teacher.
Anabelle: Yes, you're going to be a teacher and I'm going to be a mommy.
Sarabeth: (speaking to me now) When I grow up I won't need a mommy.
Me: I'm a grown up and I still need my mommy. I talk to Nana almost every day!
Sarabeth: Well, I'll still LOVE you (as if to say I won't need you, but I guess I'll still love you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Hattie told me the other day that she was going to live in new york city but not to worry that she would ride in the underground train and come see me.