Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Less than a week!

We're officially 5 days away from becoming a family of 5, and life doesn't seem to want to slow down.  Part of that could be having a 2 year-old and a 3 year-old, and all that comes with them.  We're doing very well though preparing for this new addition to the family.  I have to brag on Josh for a minute...I made a list of things that needed to be done before the baby comes.  Stuff like changing light bulbs, raising the crib mattress, other basic organization things...you get the picture.  He's been knocking things off the list faster than I can put them on!  What a guy!  Besides that, Christmas shopping has been finished for a while and we're just playing the waiting game.  

I think the girls have gone back & forth on how they feel about having a new baby in the house (understandably) and have been showing it through their actions.  We've had several wonderful & fun days, and several days that have made me want to lock myself in the closet until I give birth.  Then, of course, there's the "normal" day-to-day stuff to deal with.  Most recently was at naptime yesterday.  I hope you're not all getting tired of hearing about Sarabeth's naptime adventures, because apparently she's not done with them.  

I started having some pain yesterday that worried me, so I was trying to take it easy until my dr's appointment in the afternoon (everything is fine by the way.)  The girls were supposed to be napping and I was sitting on the couch.  I heard Sarabeth running around upstairs so I went up to see what she was doing.  I look in her bed, no where to be found.  I go into the nursery and find her sitting in the sink surrounded by this... 
two bottles of baby powder dumped out on the floor/counter/carpet.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  On the other side of the room was a bottle of lotion which she squirted on the carpet.  I didn't figure out until I started vacuuming that the lotion was also mixed in with the baby powder and had turned to paste.  Not sure the vacuum still works.  After 45 minutes of clean-up there was still a layer of baby powder on every surface in the bathroom & bedroom.  She's made some messes before, but this is the best of the best.  Or worst of the worst.  Whatever.  We'll be able to laugh about it someday. 

2 comments:

Christi Brown said...

oh my goodness! that is just...well all I can say is WOW!!!!

The Chron Family said...

Bless your heart Bethany! Your girls make for some fabulous, messy stories! I know it's easy for me to say how funny it is, but I am so sorry that you had to clean all that up. Love you and hope you, Josh and all 3 girls are doing great!!!