Sunday, January 31, 2010

Imagination

I love hearing what Sarabeth & Anabelle talk about when they're playing together.  Lately they've been into playing doctor.  Mostly giving "shots" to each other and their baby dolls, then putting on bandaids (stickers.)  Some of what they say makes sense, other times I don't think they even know what they're talking about.  

Right now they're taking care of their sick baby dolls and I'm pretending not to listen/pay attention to them.  This was part of their conversation...

Anabelle: My baby's sick!
Sarabeth: Ok, ok let me give her a shot.  My mom's, like, crazy.  
Anabelle: Now she's taking a nap.  Leave her alone.
Sarabeth: I'm a little crazy, too.  Is your baby feeling better?
Anabelle: Come on, babe.  Come on, babe. (talking to Sarabeth)
Sarabeth: Let's go give her one more shot.

WHERE does this stuff come from?  While her mom *might* be a little crazy, it's not something I expected her to incorporate into her imaginative play :) Like I said, sometimes they make sense, other times it's out of left field.

2 comments:

Steph said...

hahahahaaaaahaha oh I loooove this!! You are a little crazy.. :)

David / Lisa Domine said...

Hey Bethany! I found the bookmark I made for your blog a while back. Your girls are so cute! Congrats of your family of 5! Now that I know your blog address again, I'll be checking for updates. Ours is thedomines.blogspot.com :)