What a fun week! We started out expecting it to be a typical week, but it turned out to be full of excitement. Wednesday we had a Valentine's party with playgroup (which, of course, meant lots of sugar!) Need evidence?
Not sure if Anabelle decorated her cookie or not...looks like most of it ended up on her instead!
I'm pretty sure Sarabeth ate several bowls-full of sprinkles!
Adelyn, the only one who didn't enjoy Valentine's sweets
Thursday morning brought a very fun surprise- lots of snow! Many of the DFW area school districts were closed, so I thought Mother's Day Out would be cancelled too. They were one of the districts that stayed open though, and to make it even better they were having a Valentine's party! I got them dressed & ready for school and we headed out early to make sure the roads weren't bad.
By the time I went to pick the girls up from school there were already about 6 inches of snow on the ground. The roads were slushy but it had stayed just above freezing, so they weren't too slick. Pulling in the driveway, though, was a challenge. I got stuck halfway up even after backing up & trying again several times. That called for a good ol' shoveling of the driveway. Josh & the girls went out to do that & play (notice they have socks on their hands for gloves- never thought we'd need snow gear for them this winter!)
Building a snowman with the neighbors
Cheering daddy on (only to have the driveway completely snowed over in a few hours!)
1 comment:
Hey! Saw your link on Jessie's blog and wanted to say hi! Your girls are so cute...looks like y'all are nice and busy all the time! We are expecting twin boys in about 8 weeks so that should totally rock our world. Ha! Glad to see you are doing well! -Lindsay (Whiteside)
Post a Comment