Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break

The girls had the week off from Mother's Day Out and we got the chance to head out of town. I've travelled twice with Adelyn by myself since she's been born, but we hadn't been on a trip with all 3 girls yet. What better way to break in the minivan than to take an inaugural road trip with all 3 kids by myself?! My sister had her 2nd little boy on March 4th. Jonah Michael Falco joined the family and he couldn't be cuter! I wanted to go visit them and meet our newest nephew, so we went to Austin Tuesday. After spending the day with them, we continued down to San Antonio to spend a few days with sweet friends of ours who we met while living in Waco. Sarabeth and their daughter are a couple of weeks apart and we clicked immediately. We've seen each other several times over the past 2 years but not at length, so we went to celebrate their daughter's 4th birthday. It was a great trip, and surprisingly manageable by myself with the kiddos. Don't get me wrong though, I was glad to be home (especially because it took an hour to make it the last 30 miles of the drive!!)

The birthday party was a "pretty puppy" party so the kids were all transformed into puppies.

Pretty stinkin' cute if I do say so myself :)

Having "dog food" for a snack

Cupcakes

The girlies

Sweet Aidan and Adelyn

All 5 (when we met, Sarabeth & Ava were 18 months old, Anabelle was 3 months old!)
Things change quickly!

Swinging in the backyard

We need a swing (oh wait- we need a tree first!)

Tonight I have 4 sleeping kids in the house. Lauren & Matt are in visiting a church in Dallas where he's being considered for a position starting this summer. Selfishly I'd LOVE for them to end up in Dallas, but only if it's best for their family. They're out meeting some of the committee tonight so we kept Lucas for them. It's been fun to see the cousins grow up together. I'm so thankful they've been as close as they have for the past 3 years. The girls have bad a blast playing with him twice this week. We got a little surprise while he was here also- snow on March 20th! It was 70 degrees yesterday, now it's 32 and snowing. Gotta love Texas!


Sarabeth, Lucas & Anabelle

3 comments:

The Chron Family said...

You brave woman! I'm so proud of you for all that traveling alone with your girls! It looks like you had a really good time! The party idea was so cute! I love it!....Adelyn looks so big already! I am so sad that I have not seem you guys in so long! Take care and hope to see you soon!

Steph said...

I can't believe it's snowed there..again..and in March!? Nutty. We had sososososo much fun having you guys here. Thank you so much for making the trip all the way to spend the weekend with us. We just love you!! After we have this babe, we'll head up for a visit! You got some great pics, I might steal a couple. Aidan and Adelyn...too cute.

Unknown said...

those pictures are so cute! but where is baby jonah? it looks like the girls had a blast, nice work mom!