The girls' school has an annual "Muffins with Moms" breakfast the Thursday before Mother's Day. Some classes sit & have muffins together, some sing songs, and they all give darling gifts. This year I got a poem, cookbook (with each child's favorite recipe their mom makes in their own words- hilarious!) and a plaster handprint. Love it! I also got the finger. It happened like this. I started the morning in Anabelle's class where I got to sit in her seat, eat muffins, and read her poem. From there I went to Sarabeth's class where they had some songs to sing for all the moms. They did the Pledge of Allegiance, sang their days of the week song & months of the year songs, along with some others. By "they" I mean Sarabeth's classmates. She froze just like last year. She gets nervous around people she doesn't know and especially in situations where there's attention on her. About halfway through their songs she starts walking over to me and proceeds to stick up her middle finger plain as day. I, mortified, rushed her over to me asking what she was doing. She promptly showed me her hangnail and started to cry because she needed a bandaid. I told her (loudly enough for the other parents to hear, not too loud to interrupt the performance still going on), "We'll get you a bandaid as soon as you're done singing." So somewhere out there, parents have videos of their children singing lovely songs to them for Mother's Day and my child showing me her hangnail. Bless her heart.
On another note, I've had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend so far. I've been blessed with such a wonderful husband and precious 3 daughters. It helps that I have such great examples of what a mother should be in my mom and mother-in-law. My heart is so full. I never thought life could be this great, and it just keeps getting better.
Happy Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh that is HILLARIOUS! Poor Sarahbeth! You're a good sport, Mama!
Post a Comment