I've been struggling to find time to be on the computer lately, which I guess comes with the territory. I never did an official birthday post for Anabelle's 3rd birthday since we celebrated it at the beach, nor did I do anything for Father's Day. I'm playing catch-up today.
We celebrated Anabelle's 3rd birthday with my family at the beach, and again at Nina's after we got home. I can still hardly believe she's already three years old. Over the past few months she's grown up SO much. There's no trace of toddler left in her. She's turned into a beautiful, spunky, kind-hearted preschooler. I love watching Sarabeth & her play together (especially when they don't know I'm watching.) Their favorite game to play is "mother." One is the mother, the other is the daughter. A little scary at times seeing myself impersonated by a 3 year old, but also precious seeing MY baby being imaginative, creative, and tender. Anabelle, we love you!
If it's in a Tinkerbell bag is HAS to be good
At home opening a present from John & Susan
Celebrating with her cousins at Nina & Papa's house
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a great Father's Day weekend this year. As his present, the girls & I sent him off Sunday to play golf with a few of his buddies. While they were gone their wives & I prepared a steak dinner for them, so they came home to the US open, cold beer, and a home cooked meal. It was pretty fantastic (if I do say so myself!) The best part seeing Josh and is 3 (3!!) daughters. He's such an amazing husband and dad and is only getting better with age. The girls absolutely adore their daddy and each have their own relationship with him. Adelyn can't help but to smile at him, Sarabeth needs him more than anyone when she's hurt, and Anabelle loves to cuddle up on the couch with him. Of course, there's more to each relationship than that, but I only have so much time while everyone is napping :) We love you!
Daddy & his girls
The whole crew
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I went up to OKC with the girls last Tuesday to spend some time with my parents, Lauren & Matt and the boys leading up to July 4th. We always seem to be up there for some kind of occasion...birthday, baby shower, wedding...and there's never enough time to just visit. I wanted to see old friends and give the girls a chance to play with Lucas without having an agenda for a few days. I got a night out to have dinner with Elizabeth (lovingly referred to as Aunt Elizabeth now) who's one of my oldest childhood friends, as well as see another friend Sarah Saturday afternoon. I took the girls to see my grandparents Wednesday morning the day before my Grandma had cataract surgery (which went great!) but I forgot my camera, so, no pictures. Way to go me. Friday afternoon we went swimming and got rained on, another morning we rode the canal boat in Bricktown and let the kids play in the fountains. The culmination was my parent's annual 4th of July barbeque which was inside for the 2nd year in a row due to rain. The good news is the food was better than ever, and the rain stopped in time for fireworks. We put the girls in PJ's and loaded them in the car (all except for Adelyn who was fast asleep in bed) and drove downtown. They weren't nearly as fascinated as I thought they'd be, but enjoyed it nonetheless.
We're happy to be home but miss being with family, especially Lauren, Matt, Lucas & Jonah who are moving to Pennsylvania sometime next month. We're going to miss you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment