Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School!

All I have to say is it's about time. I love my children dearly, but they were as ready as I was for today to come. This post doesn't need much explanation except for this: Anabelle slightly clung to my leg but quickly went into her classroom to paint with watercolors. Didn't look back. Sarabeth didn't even say bye as she went into her room. I tried to tell her to have a great day but she was already busy finding her name tag and playing. Also didn't look back. I guess I'd rather have it that way than peeling them off of me. Last year was similar with Sarabeth and I was a little hurt that she didn't need mom to walk her in, coddle her, reassure her. This year it showed me how much she's grown and how truly independent she is. I'm so proud of them both!




1 comment:

Balchus Family said...

Such beautiful little girls!