It's been a wonderful summer, but I think we're all ready to see it come to an end. We've been going nonstop all summer long visiting family, seeing friends, swimming, more visiting family, and mostly trying to stay cool in this miserable Texas heat. A lot has happened since my last post and I'll most likely forget something, but here are the highlights. Thank goodness for pictures, because that's how I remember what we've been up to! (As long as I remember my camera...)
Here goes...
Lauren came through with the boys last month on their way back to Oklahoma City from Austin. We got to spend a lot of time with them this summer, which made it even sadder to see them go. The kids really got to know each other and played like siblings (good and bad!) They drove up to Pennsylvania a few days after they left here, so we tried to get a picture of all 5 kids. This was as close as we got.
The camera doesn't get pulled out nearly as much as I'd like to snap everyday in action, but sometimes I manage. This has turned into Adelyn & Josh's nightly routine. Love it!
And just a regular snack time for the girls, although I had a motive for taking this picture. Now when they reject vegetables, I can pull this picture out and show them that even they thought veggies can be yummy!!
We had a fun visit from John & Susan when they came to DFW just before John's birthday. They stayed for dinner and we made John a birthday "cake" which, if I do say so myself, was delicious. Want the recipe? There isn't really one. Just make a plain white cake, crumble it and layer it with berries & whipped cream. Delicious!!
Last weekend was very special to us. We were able to dedicate Adelyn at church. Dedication is the public act of acknowledging your child is a child of God, you pledge to raise her in the ways of the Lord, and pray for the day she chooses herself to be baptized. We were so happy to have both our parents there for the event. My parents drove down for the day (didn't get home until midnight!) just to be there for it. We love that the girls' grandparents are so invested in their lives and make sacrifices to be there for them!
This was as close to a family pic as we got
Me & my girl
cutie patooties!
The girls with Nina & Nana
And last but certainly not least, Adelyn turned 8 months on Saturday (the day of her dedication!) She is changing and growing every day and is full of life. She's sitting up, rolls all over the place but doesn't seem very interested in crawling yet, and eats soft finger foods. She has recently found her voice and loves to squeal, especially when I'm not getting her food fast enough. Just in the last few nights she's started sleeping all night again. We went through a 3am phase for a while, and I'm blaming it on teeth. She's gotten her bottom 2 teeth and I'm convinced the other bottom 2 are about to come in also. Just have to wait and see!
I tried to get some good pictures of her today, but she was not in a very smiley mood. Good thing she's absolutely beautiful whether or not she's smiling! If only she had big brown eyes...
1 comment:
So cute Bethany! You and Josh are sure blessed with beautiful girls! We miss you but are so happy that you are having a great summer! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment