Monday, September 27, 2010

Adelyn, 9 months

Every month I say the same thing: How can my baby be so big already? This month is no exception. I'm actually a day early posting this as she'll be 9 months exactly tomorrow, but I have a few free minutes. The big girls are entertaining themselves playing "baby" (Sarabeth is covering Anabelle up with blankets and putting her to bed) and Adelyn is still napping. Here's what Adelyn is up to these days:

~crawling, mostly on her belly still, occasionally hands & knees
~walking holding onto our fingers (her most favorite activity lately- she cries when we stop!)
~eating small bites of most things, just had chicken for the first time last week and loved it
~looking at animals. Her favorites seem to be birds and dogs.
~sleeping ALL night! She went through a phase a few months ago of waking up around 3, we seem to be past it though.
~watching her big sisters, laughing at them, and eating their toys, papers, crayons, whatever they leave laying around.


Josh has gone to Houston every week for the last 7 weeks for work. We're used to him being down there once, sometimes twice a month. This was a lot for us to manage. It was hard on him, the girls, and me. I had to get creative juggling all 3 kids by myself. One night the girls were refusing to eat dinner and Adelyn was tired and ready for a bath. This was my improvisation...



I had to sneak a few pictures of the big girls in!




On a different note, it finally cooled off yesterday. Today it's 70, sunny, and beautiful. Windows are open, kids are happy, all I need now are some fall candles burning!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

wow! you are so good to manage all 3 girls on your own. i am sure y'all are all very glad to see dad at the end of the week :)