I can hardly believe that my little baby is one. This past year has been full of joy, changes, challenges, and love. Adelyn is such a blessing to our family! I always thought I wanted an even number of children. I have no real reason for this, it just sounded good. Adelyn makes our family feel even, feel complete.
She turned one on the 28th, and since we were in Colorado for her birthday we celebrated early with my parents and aunt the night before we left. The other two girls had never had a bite of cake, cookie, cupcake...anything of the sort before their first birthday. Those kinds of rules went out the window with the third, so I had a pretty good idea that she had a sweet tooth. She was the only of our children to really enjoy her birthday cake! It took her a few minutes to figure out what was going on, but when she discovered that underneath the chocolaty goodness (icing) was cake...well, she was hooked. She'd take a bite/lick, look around at all of us, smile, wave, repeat. Adorable!
Birthday girl!
My favorite pic by far. As if to say, "Are you done with the pictures yet? I have a whole cake to eat, people."
1 comment:
I seriously can not believe that she is already one! The beautiful little baby that I remember is standing and oh so big! Give her a kiss for me!
Post a Comment