Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is bragging always bad?

Sometimes things work in my favor. Like tonight for instance. After dinner I always have the girls clear their own places at the table. Plates, cups, utensils in the sink, trash in the trash can. Not too hard. It's become a routine and makes my life tons easier. Tonight, Anabelle finished dinner first and put all her things from dinner in the appropriate place, after which, I rinsed them off and put them in the dishwasher. Sarabeth finished next and instead of just doing the usual, she wanted to rinse them and put them in the dishwasher herself. Like I'm going to tell her no! After she finished she went to Anabelle and in an almost bratty, hands on her hips, bossy-bragging sort of way said, "I cleaned my own plate and put it in the dishwasher myself!" Anabelle was in the kitchen before I knew what happened also wanting to wash her own dishes and put them in the dishwasher herself. So that's what she did. And now they're already talking about doing it again tomorrow night.

Is bragging always bad?

No comments: