Saturday, March 27, 2010

3 Months, Dresses & Lizards

Baby smiles are the best, especially the first few. Adelyn started smiling a few weeks ago and I can't get enough! Her whole face lights up, her eyes get big, and there's an occasional giggle. It's the cutest thing in the world. Sarabeth & Anabelle have started to make her smile also. I love seeing her react to her big sisters' attempts to get a toothless grin. Here are just a few of her at 3 months old...

3 months old

Done performing. Still cute.


-------------------------------------------------------------------


I decided kids' clothes are way too expensive. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale (or will be gone before it gets a chance to be on sale!) and even then it can be ridiculous. Now that we're responsible clothing 3 kiddos I thought it was a good time for me to dust off the sewing machine (my mom's 35+ year old model) and try to make my own. Lucky for me, I grew up watching my mom sew just about anything. I'd be pleased if anything I make is half as good as her work! My first few attempts actually turned out ok- just don't look too closely!

These will be their Easter dresses.


Super-simple knit sundresses



----------------------------------------------------------------



We've finally had some warmer weather & it's been so nice to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Earlier this week I went out to pick the weeds in our garden with the help of the girls. They ended up having a different job than picking weeds though- I asked them to make sure this

didn't get too close to me. I'm not a fan of reptiles.



4 comments:

bethany said...

oh, that little girl is getting too big! I can't wait to see her. Great job on the dresses, by the way. So resourceful and adorable. miss you guys.

Pam said...

The dresses look great, Bethany. My mom started sewing because she had 2 little girls to dress! It never seemed that important to me with the 3 boys! Ha!

Steph said...

Wow-just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler!! Those dressed turned out darling! And Adelyn's smile couldn't be sweeter. Aidan misses her!

Lindsay said...

The dresses are adorable! I am so impressed!!