Thursday, May 22, 2008

My New Hobby

I've always had a creative "itch" (for lack of a better word.) I used to do all kinds of crafty projects (when I had time!) but lately it's been much harder. Teaching used to give me an outlet for my creativity, but since I've been away from that for a year now, I'm having to find other ways to fill it. While reading this, please don't confuse the word "creativity" for the word "talented" because they're two very different things. I love to create, project, paint etc. but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a talent of mine. Just something I enjoy doing. What I've discovered lately is floral arranging. I always wanted to work for a florist and went as far as getting an application to work for TCU Florists while I was in college. I have no idea why I never filled it out. Anyway, moving into our new house and decorating it has brought back an opportunity to do that. I've made 3 arrangements for different places in our house and love doing it. They'd probably look much better if I bought the already-put-together ones from Hobby Lobby, but that wouldn't be as much fun. Here are my latest creations...





2 comments:

bethany said...

way to go bethany!

Steph said...

Wanna share some of your creativity? It doesn't come natural to me-I have to copy people. Love the arrangements, they're beautiful! And fit perfectly with your style-lovely.