Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're Home!

Josh was released from the hospital on Sunday, so we hopped in the car (well, Josh didn't do much hopping!) and made the drive home.  He's been doing great.  I was worried that it would be hard for him to find a place to sit that was comfortable for him, but he's sleeping on the couch as I type.  I'm so glad it's all over.  It was a very long, stressful and exhausting week but it's behind us now.  

My parents kept the girls all week and they're driving them back here today.  It's been 10 days since we've seen them!  They did great up in OKC, but everyone is saying that Anabelle is really missing us.  She doesn't really know why she's out-of-sorts, but starts to ask for us when she's really upset.  I can't wait to see them!

There have been a few really funny stories from the week- here are just a few.

Josh's sister Bethany and her family came to visit Josh in the hospital on Friday.  They have 3 kids and the oldest was asking where they were going.  Bethany tried to explain that Josh had surgery on his heart and the doctor fixed it.  Liam said, "Oh.  Did he have a lot of anger?"

My mom was changing sheets on one of the beds and Sarabeth walked in.  
Sarabeth:  What you doing, Nana?
Nana:  I'm taking sheets of the bed to wash them, and then put clean ones on.
Sarabeth:  Why?  Did someone pee on them?

It's things like that that helped us get through the week.  Even though it hurts Josh to laugh, it's been good for him.

Thank you all again for your prayers, emails, notes etc.  We're SO blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

No comments: